It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Requesting Pips.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:42 pm 

[SF] Cdt. Shibby reporting for duty Sir!

Damn, another flashback. Who you got to kick around here to get some bloodwine and an application approval?

Post subject: Re: Requesting Pips.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:05 am 
Chancellor
Chancellor

Pretty sure you retired, but I'm too lazy to look it up. Let's assume you did

Quote:
Upon returning to full status, a retired member may be granted their previous rank but not their previous position, unless it is not occupied at the time the member returns. The current occupant of their previous position may optionally choose to step down in favor of his returning predecessor, strictly at his leisure and with no loss of honor either way.

This means you get re-instated with previous rank. Since your last position was Chancellor, I'm not quite sure what this means. I think you get a rank of General, but you have no house...

Quote:
If a retired member of a house which has been decommissioned chooses to return to active duty, he must be placed in an active House as if he were a new member. The High Council may, at their discretion, choose to create a new House with the returning member as House Leader, if the retired member is of rank Major or higher. A House created in this manner is explicitly defined as a newly created House for the purposes of High Council seniority (that is, it does not inherit the seniority of the House from which the member retired).

Hmm.. We don't have enough members for a new house yet, so you get to choose to join one. The only problem is that you will outrank your superiors.. This is >probably< ok...

DANIEL!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:08 pm 

Oh snap! mmmmm I think I resigned or some such bs. In my absence I have discovered ranks / postions / titles don't matter anyway. Lets just get naked and play games while we drink.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:09 pm 

p.s. could I please have access back to the members area of the forums :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:57 am 
Imperial Communications Minister

Technically:

1) Had you retired, you would return as either General or Colonel (since you held the title of Chancellor while it was still a rank, your actual rank was never explicitly stated; it must be at least Colonel, but need not be more; an argument could be made that your true rank was General on seniority grounds, but it was never clear in the transition from the old charter to new, and never really mattered).

1A) To answer Mega's question, it is perfectly acceptable for members of a house to outrank their house leaders. This would mean that the higher-ranked member would take orders from the lower-ranked member, as per section 3.I.1. For example, if I was to suddenly take an intense dislike to Mega, I could conceivably join Racshaw's house and would need to submit to his authority even though I outrank him. Ranks are a bit meaningless 'round these parts ;)

2) Since you resigned, rather than retiring, you get to be treated "as a new member" which means, unless the Council makes clear its will otherwise (or the Emperor does and no Councilperson objects), you get to be our newest Warrior First Class. :P

3) As soon as the Chancellor informs me that your application is indeed eligible and has been accepted, someone will re-enable your member access. Ordinarily I would do it myself, but given that the Chancellor has requested clarification on some points from the Council, I don't want to preempt him.

4) Since you don't give a damn, and neither do I, the above is all just kind of mental masturbation. Let's game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:39 am 
Chancellor
Chancellor

Erroneous wrote:
4) Since you don't give a damn, and neither do I, the above is all just kind of mental masturbation.

Therein lies the virtue of this discussion :)

To continue this intellectual massaging, I would like to point out that 3.I.1 explicitly says that rank has less meaning BETWEEN houses than it does WITHIN houses. What I was missing was an implicit understanding (collectively between 3.II.1-4) that House Leaders and House Adjutants have authority over all others in the house regardless of rank (as long as they meet the minimum rank). A general would be subservient to their house leader and adjutant, even if they outranked them, but would have authority over other house members (unless otherwise prohibited by the house leader).

It's somewhat confusing, but fun to think about, and not terribly important or troublesome. For example, watch what happens if I try to get Erroneous to do something he doesn't want to... :lol:

Anyways, I appreciate the pause, Erroneous, but go ahead and give Shibby his appropriate forum access and rank insignia (W1, or sexy beast, or whatever).

Shibby, you have 21 days to apply to a house for membership. I'm really glad you're back, bro! I'm gonna kick your ass in ET this week.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:35 pm 

Megachirops wrote:
To continue this intellectual massaging, I would like to point out that 3.I.1 explicitly says that rank has less meaning BETWEEN houses than it does WITHIN houses. What I was missing was an implicit understanding (collectively between 3.II.1-4) that House Leaders and House Adjutants have authority over all others in the house regardless of rank (as long as they meet the minimum rank). A general would be subservient to their house leader and adjutant, even if they outranked them, but would have authority over other house members (unless otherwise prohibited by the house leader).

Section 5.III also explicitly defines the order of authority. House leaders have authority above and beyond that granted by rank.

Megachirops wrote:
It's somewhat confusing, but fun to think about, and not terribly important or troublesome. For example, watch what happens if I try to get Erroneous to do something he doesn't want to... :lol:

I'd do it because I love you ;)

Megachirops wrote:
Anyways, I appreciate the pause, Erroneous, but go ahead and give Shibby his appropriate forum access and rank insignia (W1, or sexy beast, or whatever).

Sexy beast it is!

Megachirops wrote:
Shibby, you have 21 days to apply to a house for membership. I'm really glad you're back, bro! I'm gonna kick your ass in ET this week.

Woot! Time to have some fun!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:30 pm 

Erroneous wrote:
the above is all just kind of mental masturbation. Let's game!

I lol'ed so hard I spit water on my leopard as I read that, so thanks. Note to self, don't drink and read the forums at the same time!

I got ET installed again, got the boys I play with to get it too, lets get the server turned back on and pwn face?

and my rank is awesome :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:50 am 

Our ET server is indeed currently running.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:12 am 

The PB is outdated on the server, kicking us every few mins. Fix it! :D

other than that, server looks great :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:23 am 
Chancellor
Chancellor

Erroneous wrote:
I'd do it because I love you ;)

I swear I just "Aww"'d out loud.. Then I threw up in my mouth... :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:54 am 

Do you spit or swallow? :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:20 am 
Chancellor
Chancellor

Shibby wrote:
Do you spit or swallow? :wink:

I only swallow with you, sweetheart!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:44 am 

/Double Whopper engaged.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:41 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

LOL!!!!! The filter WINS AGAIN!!! LOL Double Whopper!!!!!

Enough of the academic circle kerl. Shibby is home, let's fucking game.